Contact a business litigation attorney in Tampa, FL by calling McBreen & Nowak, P.A. | serving residents of Riverview, FL

Are you a business owner who has been sued for breach of contract? Does your business need to apply for a license? Do you own a construction company that is trying to assert a claim of lien or is trying to navigate Florida's complex construction lien laws? Are you a homeowner who is dealing with issues that cropped up after a construction project on your property went bad?

Our attorneys have worked on cases arising from similar situations and can help you navigate Florida's legal system to enforce and preserve your and your business' rights.

business litigation attorney in tampa fl

Our attorneys have experience working on the following types of cases (among others:

  • Construction (liens, contract litigation, and construction defect)
  • Breach of Contract
  • Eminent domain
  • Insurance and coverage disputes
  • Licensing and permitting
  • Partnership Conflicts
  • Property Disputes
  • Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have been served with a Complaint, what should I do? In Florida, you have 20 days to file an answer to the Complaint and to serve affirmative defenses to the Complaint (this may vary depending on the venue or type of case). With certain affirmative defenses, they may be waived if you do not timely assert them. If you do not have an attorney, you should retain one immediately to advise you of and to preserve your legal rights.
  • ​What if the party suing me is in the wrong? Often times parties on both sides of the case have claims against the other party. In this situation you may have a counterclaim against the other party. Counterclaims must also be timely filed in order to preserve your rights.
  • ​Does my business need a registered agent? Yes, Florida law requires that every corporation designate a registered agent. Additionally, Florida law requires that the registered agent's office remain open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. each day except Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, and keep someone on whom process may be served at the office during these hours.