Contact the law office of McBreen & Nowak, P.A. to speak with a wrongful death attorney in Tampa, FL | serving residents of Riverview, FL

When you or a loved one is permanently injured or worse, killed because of the unsafe actions of someone else, the law provides the only justice it can in the form of allowing you to file a lawsuit to attempt to compensate you for your loss. While no amount of compensation can ever make things right or make you whole, a money judgment is one of the very few weapons that the justice system gives you to hold the bad actor responsible for breaking the safety rules that regulate our community. In the weeks and months after a tragic event, most people are left coping with life changes and forget that they may need to take action to protect their legal rights. Often times, this can lead to crucial evidence being lost or worse the time limit to file a claim expires. If you or a loved one has been injured or has died because of someone else's negligence call us, let a wrongful death attorney deal with preserving your legal rights, while you and your family copes with the long term consequences of your tragic loss.

Our wrongful death and catastrophic injury attorneys in Tampa, FL can help you with the following types of cases, among others:


  • Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death
  • Paraplegia, quadriplegia, or other paralysis caused by negligence
  • Wrongful death of a child during birth
  • Wrongful death of an adult child
  • Permanent nerve injuries
  • Wrongful death of a spouse​
  • Wrongful death of a child
  • Wrongful death of a parent
  • Brachial plexus injuries
  • Cauda equina injuries
  • Traumatic brain injuries


Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get a copy of a deceased loved one or relative's medical records? ​Federal and Florida law allows certain individuals to obtain a decedent's medical records. A court appointed Personal Representative of has the right to obtain the deceased relative's records. Additionally, Florida law provides that the person's "next of kin" must be allowed to obtain the deceased relative's medical records. Normally, the medical provider will require you to sign an authorization and provide a copy of the death certificate showing that you are the next of kin. If you are having trouble getting a copy of your deceased loved one's medical records, call us, we can help.
  • Who is allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit? In Florida, the personal representative of the deceased person's estate is the party who brings the lawsuit on behalf of the deceased party's relatives. However, Florida law varies depending on the type of case as to who is allowed to collect damages as a result of the wrongful death of a relative. For example, in a medical malpractice, wrongful death case, an adult child cannot collect pain and suffering damages for the loss of their parent. In contrast to this, in an automobile accident wrongful death case, an adult child may collect pain and suffering damages if there is no surviving spouse. If you think your loved one's death was caused by the unsafe conduct of someone else, call us, we can help you understand your rights and how to preserve your rights.